[wplug] Easy newbish question..

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Tue May 4 11:02:07 EDT 2004

wplug-bounces+don.vanco=agilysys.com at wplug.org wrote:
> I'm having a complete brainfart here..
>
> Trying to install the rpm for our new printer here in the
> office, I already installed all its dependencies, (itcl, tcl,
> tk, and tix) but still get this..  The dependency files it's
> looking for really exist however..
>
> [root at localhost minolta]# rpm -Uvh diutil-1.0.1-12.i386.rpm error:
>         Failed dependencies: libtcl.so is needed by diutil-1.0.1-12
>         libtk.so is needed by diutil-1.0.1-12
>
> [root at localhost minolta]# whereis libtk.so libtcl.so
> libtk: /usr/lib/libtk.so
> libtcl: /usr/lib/libtcl.so

	Why are you using U?  One assumes it should work - but have you
tried "i"?  What is the source of this diutil package?  If you feel
confident in it's source consider installing with --nodeps.
	I've tried googling for this package and it finds nothing.....
Is it this thing:
http://www.imagistics.com/products/downloads/9757PrinterDriverLinux.pdf?
And are you using the rpm from RHL 6.1/.2??? (if that's the case - good
luck with all that) (awesome doc - refers to RPM as the "Redhat Program
Manager")

	Have you looked to see if there's a driver in place already for
whatever the printer is?

Don