[wplug] LDAP AD

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Tue May 4 08:11:22 EDT 2004

Figured I would post this for those not part of the Evolution / Ximian
LUG.

Thanks,

***********************************

Figured it out. What the issue was is that AD does not allow you to view
objects that are nested in "folders" (pardon the technical term). What
was happening is that he account was searching and returning results
from the higher level without searching the 'subfolders'. Changing the
setting "Search Scope" to SUB alowed it to parse the 'folders' to find
all my contacts. I also had the "Search Base" set too low down the tree.

For Example: Settings should be (based on example)
"Distinguished Name"  wisej at acme.local
"Search base" DC=acme,DC=local
"Search Scope" Sub

You will be prompted for your password once. Tell it to remember it:>)
When you wish to check out users you double click their corresponding
'letter' then wait ("searching...." will a aprear down on the bottom
bar.

Have fun.

Thanks for those who proded me to find the path to enlightment:>)

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 16:33, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> Ok. I may be makeing some progress here. Once I fixed a few clarical
> errors I can now use my email in conjunction with the setting being
> "Distinguished Name" and I get prompted for password. Once supplied it
> stoped asking. I then did some searching and came across the posting
> about the display of LDAP not being "browsable" and so you have to
> double-click and wait for a refresh. I do this and I get back some
funky
> entries:
>
> Name Begins with=>
> Name: DisplaySpecifiers
> Name: Exteneded-Rights
> Name: ForestUpdates
> Name: Physical Locations
> Name: LostandFound
> Name: Partitions
> Name: Well Known Security Principles
> Name: Services
> Name: Sites
>
> So I thought maybe it was just looking into the wrong container (OU)
for
> the user account base. I tried variations on changing the "Search
Base"
wisej at acme.local
> in the "Users" folder (default location for AD accounts) but this is
NOT
> an OU. I tried setting "Search Base" to be OU=Users,DC=acme,DC=com but
> the same outcome. Any other thoughts?
>

> On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 10:11, Dan Winship wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 09:17 -0400, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> > > Mail works.. no name lookup so I figured I needed to add an LDAP
server.
> > > Put in LDAP.pios.com for server with name being
CN=wisej,DC=pios,DC=com