[wplug] URL from recent security talks

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon May 3 19:40:07 EDT 2004

Tom Rhodes wrote:
> Greetings from Tom (Ya know, the short asshole wearing the platforms),
>
> As promised, the URL for information about motd(1) messages with
> regards to system monitoring (through accounting or otherwise) and
> privacy issues.  It just points out various court rulings on
> the subject and some other information.  I've brought this
> topic up on the CIS UNIX mailing list and hope to gather more
> information soon.
>
> So, without further delay with my own ramblings, please see:
>
> http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/s&sappendix2002.htm

Would this be a good project for the LUG?  It seemed a lot of folks on
Saturday were interested and/or knowledgable about this kind of thing.
It would be a worthwhile project (in my opinion) to put together a
page recommending practices.  A good way to contribute to the rest of
the community.

Thoughts?

--
Bill Moran