[wplug] Re: Modem config problem MDK 9.1

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Mon May 3 01:29:18 EDT 2004

Ray Cefola <rcefola at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Got a Cendyne (V.92 (V.90) 56K external modem
> which is stated that it will run under Linux.
> Plugged it into serial port but upon reboot my MDK 9.1
> box does not recognize it.  I'm fairly new to Linux

Since a serial modem doesn't require any drivers, there's
nothing to detect on boot.  If you're using KPPP to connect,
choose the Device tab under setup.  The modem device should
be /dev/ttyS0 for COM1, /dev/ttyS1 for COM2.  Then go to the
Modem tab and click the Query Modem button to make sure it's
working.  Then you'll need to enter the phone number to dial
under Accounts.  All the other defaults will probably be OK.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger