[wplug] Wine Fun

Phil sublime78ska at comcast.net
Sat May 1 07:12:25 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:08, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> Sent to wine-users but figured I would CC to update or get any thoughts from LUG.
> ***************************************
> Trying to take the leap from XP (corp provided) to Linux (SuSE 9). Purchased and used winerack from SuSE and it was ok but there are some details that I have to get working that I can't figure out. I decided to scrap their iteration of WINE in favor of going hardcore and (hopfully) becoming an better Wine user for it :>). I have RTFMed, I poked around in the archives but as there is not a search function on the entire list archive I gave up after a few months reading.
>
> Programs that are stopping me from using Linux; 1)Lotus Sametime ->no current Linux port. I can get the application started but it hangs (errors below). Fun fact... it only works Sometime (server issues) in Windows so this should be fun.
> 2) MS Office 2003 ->required for some Exchange 2003 filters and features for common mailbox rules. Outlook is all I really care about :>)
> 3) IBM eConfig

I think IBM stated they want to have 40% of their desktops running linux
within a year.  Hopefully that means they´ll provide linux clients for
their pc app´s to the rest of us.  As for Outlook, won´t ¨Ximian
Connector for Microsoft Exchange 2003¨ work?  They claim it that it
does, though I´ve never used it.

Phil

--
Mandrake Linux 9.2