[wplug] SuSE 9.0 ??

Bobbie Lynn Eicher bobbie.eicher at comcast.net
Wed Mar 31 00:04:01 EST 2004

If you 're using Gnome with SuSE, you may want to make sure to open up
YaST from time to time manually (I don't know where the file is through
the console, I just bring it up from the menu under system generally.
Never bothered to hunt it down :) )  The update monitor (SuSEWatcher) is
only set up to run automatically under KDE, but I believe it'll still
work if you run it yourself and leave it going in the background.  I
just haven't actually attempted more than opening it up to make sure
that it'd be capable of running under Gnome.

The Nvidia driver comes up on my list of possible patches, with YaST
btw, so you should be able to get the driver installed easily by just
giving the system the OK to do it.

SuSE 9.1 is supposed to be out soon... how soon depends on who you
listen to.  I seem to remember Novell saying May, but Amazon's website
has been saying April 15th they'll start shipping.  At any rate, if I'm
recalling correctly the 9.1 version is using the 2.6 kernel as its
default, as well as the latest versions of Gnome and KDE.  If you
continue to have problems with the system, it's possible that a switch
to 9.1 will help.

- Bobbie Lynn