[wplug] SuSE 9.0 ??

Sean McCune sean at redhandsoftware.com
Tue Mar 30 21:18:52 EST 2004

I'm using SuSE 9.0 and an NVidia driver on a 3.2 Ghz Verona workstation
from PogoLinux with no problems (now).  So I agree.

However, I would also upgrade the kernel from the SuSE kernel to the the
stock kernel.org 2.4.25 kernel (or maybe there's a later one by now).  I
had all kinds of problems with the machine locking up, video being
messed up for vmware, vmware vm's not running, and very very poor KDE
performance.  And that's on 3.2 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM.

That was my first SuSE install and I was surprised by all the problems,
because I have never encountered anything like that before with Red Hat
and Gentoo.

But after the kernel upgrade, they all went away.  Well... I really
haven't tested KDE all that much yet. I switched to GNOME which is what
I usually use on Red Hat and Gentoo systems.

McC