[wplug] "roaming profiles" in linux..

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 30 11:21:12 EST 2004

Sometime in March techmike assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Sweetness, I finally got it working..  Now I do have one question about if
| I did this the right way..
|
| On the NIS/NFS server I have /nfshome exported with my NIS users home
| folders.  On all the workstations I have it in my /etc/fstab mounting
| /nfshome on bootup.

| Comments / suggestions?

in the future, it might be more convenient if you setup automount (autofs)
on the nis server and push the /etc/auto.* files on the server to the
workstations through nis. i say this because it eliminates one more thing
you have to do when you setup a new computer. also if you want to add
another drive to mount via nfs, you just have to change one file and remake
the nis db's. i believe johnathan billings suggested this earlier.

| And one more question..
|
| Can I setup disk space quotas on users home folders?

i'd be interested in this also.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E