[wplug] "roaming profiles" in linux..

techmike mikeslists at access995.com
Tue Mar 30 10:38:43 EST 2004

Sweetness, I finally got it working..  Now I do have one question about if
I did this the right way..

On the NIS/NFS server I have /nfshome exported with my NIS users home
folders.  On all the workstations I have it in my /etc/fstab mounting
/nfshome on bootup.

The reason I didn't mount it as /home is incase the NIS/NFS server goes
down, users can use a generic account on the workstation itself without
much grief and my intervention.

Log in as a user, and it cannot access other users folders, so it looks
good to me.

Comments / suggestions?

And one more question..

Can I setup disk space quotas on users home folders?

-Mike