[wplug] off-topic: need web help

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Mon Mar 29 09:14:57 EST 2004

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:

> I have a webpage for which I've made two versions -- one works well in IE
> but poorly in Mozilla; the other vice-versa.  Both pages check out as
> valid HTML 4.01 Strict, and both stylesheets pass the W3C test as well.
> I would like to make a page which is cross-browser but still faithful to
> my initial conceptualization.  There is no java, and no frames.  Just
> html+css.  But I'm not very experienced with this stuff.

Well you shoul dknow if you don't already, MSIE is not W3C compliant.

An article on slashdot a while back talked about:
"Dean Edwards has taken it upon himself to make Internet Explorer W3C
compliant. How? Well, it isn't by patching the application, as you might
suspect. He's created a stylesheet, dubbed 'IE7' that uses DHTML to load
and parse style sheets into a form that IE can understand. Just include
the style sheet in your HTML pages, and things should render correctly.
The complexity of the CSS transformations is really amazing and shows off
the power of this stuff."

http://tinyurl.com/2z598

Might wanna check it out.

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]