[wplug] permissions on /mnt/camera

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Sat Mar 27 13:11:24 EST 2004

I mount my digital camera as /mnt/camera but I'd like other users (namely
my wife) to be able to get in that directory without giving out root
privileges.

I wrote a script with sudo so that all my wife had to do to mount it was
type in "camera" at the command line and the camera would mount, but I
can't seem to chmod or chown /mnt/camera:

[root at dell mnt]# chown sugapablo:sugapablo /mnt/camera
chown: changing ownership of `/mnt/camera': Operation not permitted
[root at dell mnt]# chmod 777 camera
[root at dell mnt]# ls -l
total 36
drwxr--r--    3 root     root         8192 Dec 31  1969 camera/

Is there something about mounted drives I don't know about?

Also, I have know idea where Dec 31, 1969 comes from either.

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]