[wplug] Financial Management Software

Sean McCune sean at redhandsoftware.com
Mon Mar 22 19:34:46 EST 2004

I've found that nothing runs in Crossover Office well enough that I'd
use it in a production system for a business.  And for financial
software, I wouldn't use it at home either.

On top of that, neither Quicken's nor QuickBook's online banking
portions (which is a must for me) worked under Crossover... unless
they've released a patch.  I've given up looking at it.

My current scheme is to use Quicken for personal stuff and QuickBooks
for biz on XP under vmware on my linux box unless and until any of the
Linux software such as GnuCash, Kapital, etc. gets online banking
capabilities that work with my bank.  My bank (PNC) doesn't allow
uploading and downloading of OFX files, so I can't synchronize by
downloading a file of transactions and importing.  Nor can I make online
payments by uploading an exported OFX file.

So, unfortunately, I'm stuck paying Intuit for now.  :(

McC