[wplug] A non-technical Q

Burt E Reany breany at csc.com
Mon Mar 22 09:57:56 EST 2004

Just curious - does Red Hat still have it's office in the Pgh area? Last
time I looked, it was near Alltel in a business park -

Thanx.

for such purpose.

                      "James O'Kane"
                      <jo2y                     To:      General user list <wplug at wplug.org>
                      @midnightlinux.co         cc:
                      m>                        Subject: Re: [wplug] A non-technical Q
                      Sent by:
                      wplug-bounces+bre
                      any=csc.com

                      03/19/2004 10:26
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      General user list

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Elwin Green wrote:

> So, anyway, here's the question - does anybody here
> know of anyplace in Pittsburgh that might employ
> someone to sell Linux? I would at least like to
> explore whatever possibilities may be out there before
> assuming that this intoxicating idea is not worth
> pursuing.

I can think of two ideas off hand.
http://redhat.hrdpt.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=35
I'm not positive if one needs to be in New York to be an Account Executive
for that area.

The other idea is to work out some kind of arrangement with the more
technical people on the list who are looking for consulting gigs and
basically drive business their way for a commission. Most technical geeks
are poor salesmen, the relationship between the two is almost mutually
exclusive.
I would personally be interested in this possibility, if decent terms
could be worked out.

-james