[wplug] Looking for help with PHP & MySql!

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Mar 15 21:15:32 EST 2004

What a COINCIDENCE !!!!

I've got a PostgreSQL server in our small office and am currently using
MS-Access as the front-end.
The problem is now that everytime I make changes I have to distribute a new
access file to each user as well as reload all the tables via ODBC on each
users PC.
Lately I have been making lots of changes and this has become quite a pain.

I'm trying PHP with PostgreSQL and so far it's been pretty easy.
I've got a simple query working after about 1/2 an hour of research on
http://www.php.net.

I just started this today (Monday-3-15-04).

I'm using Quanta Plus (came with KDE3) to do the development but it's like
using vi compared to MS-Access and Front Page (Hey, I actually said something
nice about MS). The php website list some tools to help develop.

If you can spare a little time, give it a go yourself - it's not too bad.
If your too busy with everything else, that's a different story.

I wish I could help but between work and home they make sure I stay REAL busy!

Hope the info about www.php.net helps,

Bob