[wplug] digital camera and Gentoo

Tom McCullough temccullough at verizon.net
Sun Mar 14 04:38:31 EST 2004

Robert E. Coutch wrote:

>So - any luck getting it to work yet?
>

>On Sunday 07 March 2004 05:10 pm, Robert E. Coutch wrote:
>

>>I just checked Digikam and noticed that the Dimage V is serial - sorry.
>>
>>I checked the latest version of GPhoto2 for supported cameras and yuors is
>>not in there.  I'm guessing they only add cameras that can not be used as a
>>disk drive.

Not yet.  I am more concerned with getting Gentoo to start hpoj and
cupsd right now.  I didn't mention those problems did I?  I like new
challanges, but Gentoo has more than its share for me so far.  I would
have preferred Debian but Gentoo was the only way I could figure out how
to boot from my shiny new raid0 drive array.  I seem to be part of a
small group with gentoo on my system.  Their init file scheme is
different than I am used to and so far it hasn't configured well in
several areas.   I'll get back to the camera after I get the printer
working.  After all what good is a camera without a printer??