[wplug] I'm bringing Fedora Core 1

Steven Leach stevenaleach at mac.com
Fri Mar 12 17:31:56 EST 2004

On Mar 12, 2004, at 5:21 PM, Lance Tost wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Steven Leach wrote:
>> Interesting, So am I understanding this correctly:
>>
>> You are using RedHat's installer to set up the partitions and
>> filesystem and to then to install Debian from a single package onto
>> that filesystem?
>
> I thought it was a joke.  If not, I don't see the point.  If you want
> Debian, install Debian.  If you don't like Debian's installer, put your
> effort towards this project: http://platform.progeny.com/anaconda/

Heh.. didn't look too carefully at the website (I never read  the
"win9x phat-rpm").

The Woody installer is ugly but useable and upgrade to Sarge/Sid is
painless with a fast network connection.  Unfortunately, since they
ditched the boot-floppies design for Sarge and redesigned it to be much
more cosmetically painful but no longer functional,  it is often
necessary to use knoppix or similar to manually partition and create
filesystems and then do a chroot install.