[wplug] [InterLUG] Ohio LinuxFest 2004 Announcement (fwd)

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Wed Mar 10 23:44:49 EST 2004

> My question to those who went last year is, what types of topics went over
> well last year? What was the general experience level of the crowd?

They aimed high when selecting speakers. IBM had signed on but had
canceled around the week before. The speaker who was to talk about
"user-mode linux" also canceled. abstracts can be read here
http://www.ohiolinux.org/speakers.html

This year they are looking a variety of speakers to fill non/less tech
track and a very tech track. I hope they concentrate on booking speakers
that won't bail out. None of the speakers were paid, even for
transportation.

James-
You could talk about general newbie *nix stuff.
You could talk about how host your own websites for fun and profit.
You could talk about openafs.
All of the above has been requested for a wplug talk

I personally have sent the organizers mail suggesting BOFs (Birds of a
Feather sessions) with several topics that I could be a BOF leader for.
No response but it's early yet.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn