[wplug] IBM Invites You to 1/2 Day Linux Technical Briefing in Philadelphia, March 18 (fwd)

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Mar 9 15:25:51 EST 2004

Yet another road trip opportunity!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:17:48 -0500
From: Bill Allen <wgallen at us.ibm.com>
Subject: IBM Invites You to 1/2 Day Linux Technical Briefing in Philadelphia,
     March 18

Hello,
        IBM will be hosting a 4 hour TECHNICAL BRIEFING covering the Linux
momentum, both for the Server, and the Desktop, in Philadelphia, on
Thursday, March 18, and you are invited to this complimentary event at:

 Wyndham Franklin Plaza
2 Franklin Plaza
17th and Race Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm (Come early for Continental Breakfast)

The growing momentum behind Linux adoption means it?s time for ISVs,
customers and Business Partners to seriously consider Linux if they have
not already, and if they have, it's time to expand Linux use across the
organization.
This seminar will cover such topics as:
    Linux Growth,
    Open Source,
    Open Standards,
    Reliability,
    Security
    Affordability.
We'll examine the large scale adoption of Linux as the computing platform
of choice in governments and large corporations. We?ll describe ways in
which you can benefit by adopting Linux. Next, we?ll introduce what IBM
brings to Linux by the way of middleware, hardware, services and our
contributions to open source development.
Live demonstrations will show how quickly you can get up and running on
Linux. The demonstrations will include Linux as a file server using Samba
and Linux as a platform for Web applications. Rapid Application
Development on Linux will be demonstrated utilizing WebSphere Studio,
which is based on Eclipse, the open source universal tool platform. We?ll
finish by showing Linux on the desktop. Don't miss this chance to learn
how you can profit from the coming Linux tsunami!
To register, visit our website:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/offers/techbriefings/

best regards,
Bill

Bill Allen
IBM ISV & Developer Relations
Linux Speed Start Program Mgr, Worldwide Technical Briefings
Visit: ibm.com/developerWorks/speed
Visit: ibm.com/developerworks/offers/techbriefings/
wgallen at us.ibm.com