[wplug] Jobs, jobs, jobs people

N. Iglehart sendai at amerion.com
Sun Mar 7 22:02:49 EST 2004

Hey folks,

The company I work for has a few positions open and I thought some of
you luggers might be interested. I make nothing off of this so I'll give
it to you straight.

We need people who are willing to work ungodly hours in a high stress
environment with constantly changing technologies.

99% travel is required, mostly stateside with international options
after you've proven yourself a little. This is not optional and if you
are not prepared to be on the road all the time, this job is not for
you.

The pay sucks at first (about $26 and hour), but gets better quickly.

This is a telecommunications position working with proprietary
applications on a Sun Solaris platform. Unlike most of telecom these
positions are very stable. Over the last four years not a single person
has been laid off from the group I'm with despite the fact that the
company went from almost 100,000 employees down to only 18,000.

You must have unix experience, but more importantly, you must be
absolutely passionate about technology. I'm looking for people who are
curious and want to truly understand the platforms they are working
with.

These jobs go on monster next week, so let me know ASAP if you are
interested. An introductory note is fine for now, with a few details on
your unix experience, both at work and at play.

Thanks.