[wplug] digital camera and Gentoo

Tom McCullough temccullough at verizon.net
Sun Mar 7 12:24:21 EST 2004

Thanks Bryon.  Using cdrecord -scanbus (interesting use for that) it
does indeed show up as bus 1 target 0 lun 0, but still no luck with a
block device to mount.  I made one with major 31 minor 16 as described
in the devices.txt document, but when I try to mount the device it tells
me it is not a valid block device.  I have fiddled with the owner/group
settings and the permissions, but no joy.  Interestingly, the output
from dmesg is smaller, as if usb is having less trouble identifying the
camera??

dmesg:  (after several connects and disconnects hence the address 7)

hub.c: new USB device 00:02.0-3, assigned address 7
usb-storage: act_altsettting is 0
usb-storage: id_index calculated to be: 73
usb-storage: Array length appears to be: 75
usb-storage: USB Mass Storage device detected
usb-storage: Endpoints: In: 0xe10a2554 Out: 0xe10a2540 Int: 0x00000000
(Period 0)
usb-storage: Found existing GUID 0686401a0000000000000000
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 7