[wplug] incoming call management software

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Sun Mar 7 12:15:21 EST 2004

On Sunday 07 March 2004 18:52, Ryan Brown wrote:
> I do just this (and a lot more) with Asterisk for my company. It is
> actually pretty easy to use.
>
> I only do Voice over IP, but PSTN is not a problem if you purchase
> the FXO or PRI card. I also stick to using the Cisco 7960/7940 IP
> phones, but you can use standard analog phones if you get an FXS
> card.

Ahem, in my setup (small business in Greece), PSTN is the only option.
So I'll search the net for that FXS card you mention.

> How many phones are you looking to use? How many incoming lines? Are
> you planning on doing a lot of outgoing long distance or need
> incoming 800 numbers?

We have 5 incoming PSTN lines, that currently all hit the same analog
call center. Someone has to pick up each call and then manually press
the right buttons to transfer the call to the corresponding internal
extention. This is the ONLY functionality we're looking for at the
moment, with the existing 5 PSTN incoming lines and rougly 20 telephone
devices scattered around the offices.

Thanks for the help!

-A