[wplug] digital cameras

DL Shepherd dlshepherd at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 4 15:16:54 EST 2004

I use a Sony MVC-CD500. No problems.

It has a built-in CD so that I installed NO software. I have been able
to download the photos via a cable to Red Hat 9. On Windows, I just pop
in the CD and read the photos from there.

Duncan Hutty wrote:

>does anyone know of a site that rates manufacturers of digital cameras for how well they support linux and/or provide information about their devices?
>
>This is rather out of place on this list, but cheekily, I'm going to ask anyway:Also, I want to recommend a manufacturer of digital cameras to a family member who runs Windows. The primary criterion is that it shouldn't require the installation of masses of bloatware to use. What they're looking for is a device that takes their pictures and can be accessed as a simple storage device from where they can take the raw files and mess with them in photoshop or whatever.
>
>Thanks again wplug!
>
>Duncan Hutty

| Don Shepherd            |                           \o/    |
| DLShepherd at adelphia.net |    ___O/_O_O/_O_O/_O____  O/ O   |