[wplug] Re: Pittsburgh's Maronda Homes uses Linux and OOo

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Mar 4 12:33:03 EST 2004

Christopher Galik <chris at cardiactelecom.com> wrote:

> Okay, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but what I get from this is that
> this company is running OpenOffice.org on their Windows computers, and
> running RH on their server.  Maybe I'm just reading it wrong?  Don't get

That was the impression I got, even though OOo is described as "Linux"
software.  Sure, it's not a total switchover, but I won't complain.
Since their application software is cross-platform, the lock-in isn't
there on the desktop.  And $300,000 is nothing to sneeze at.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger