[wplug] digital cameras

Ryan Brown wplug at tblive.com
Wed Mar 3 20:32:03 EST 2004

www.dpreview.com is probably the best review site out there for cameras.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Hutty [mailto:duncanhutty at attbi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 7:15 PM
To: wplug at wplug.org
Subject: [wplug] digital cameras

does anyone know of a site that rates manufacturers of digital cameras for
how well they support linux and/or provide information about their devices?

This is rather out of place on this list, but cheekily, I'm going to ask
anyway:Also, I want to recommend a manufacturer of digital cameras to a
family member who runs Windows. The primary criterion is that it shouldn't
require the installation of masses of bloatware to use. What they're looking
for is a device that takes their pictures and can be accessed as a simple
storage device from where they can take the raw files and mess with them in
photoshop or whatever.

Thanks again wplug!

Duncan Hutty