[wplug] digital cameras

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Mar 3 19:26:47 EST 2004

Minolta cameras rank #1 fairly consistently in price/performance.  As far as
Windows/Linux support, simply look for a camera that uses removable media
(as opposed to some internal / some external) and it becomes a moot point.
I have a USB 2.0 media reader that hadn;es pretty much every media you can
buy, including microdrives.

For a brainless WinCamera (stick it on it's base and it d/l-s the images)
the Kodak EasyShare cameras seem to have a lock on that (and good price /
performance to boot) - but many have aboot 16MB internal storage that
potentially locks you to Windoze software for extraction.  Caveat Emptor.

Consumer Reports might be a good source of info, I know that Popular
Photography (and just about every other camera rag) had a big review around
Christmas, ranking cameras in classes bases on resolution (mp).  I used to
rely a lot on epinions.com - but of late they've become little more than
another portal for banner ads.

YMMV
Don