[wplug] Email disappearing/not accessible via KMail

Benjamin Slavin bslavin_list at wavecrazy.net
Wed Mar 3 12:33:48 EST 2004

Have you considered using Fetchmail? [ http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/ ]

We had a client who had a dial-up connection and wasn't always online, but
wanted his employees to be able to access their email via IMAP at all times.
We setup a simple OpenBSD box with Sendmail, UW IMAP and Fetchmail to handle
his needs, and things worked flawlessly.

Fetchmail grabs mail from a POP3 account (among others) and sends it locally
to port 25, so you can process the email yourself. That lets you store all of
your mail locally, and you can set KMail to read from a local mailbox.

By doing this, you'll be able to continue to use mail and KMail side by side,
and they should both always see all of your email.

 --Ben