[wplug] Preparing for distro Upgrade

Embery, Nathan Nathan.Embery at crowncastle.com
Tue Jun 29 14:52:16 EDT 2004

I'll through in a me too on freebsd being stable. Check this out:

bash$ uname -v
FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Thu Jun 27 16:02:18 EDT 2002
nate at ccicusbsd1.crowncastle.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/SMP2
bash$ uptime
 2:04PM  up 732 days, 21:22, 1 user, load averages: 0.28, 0.12, 0.12
bash$

[nate at uslinuxweb1 nate]$ uname -v
#1 SMP Wed Feb 4 20:36:46 EST 2004
[nate at uslinuxweb1 nate]$ uptime
 14:40:14  up 59 days, 23:41,  1 user,  load average: 0.03, 0.46, 0.32
[nate at uslinuxweb1 nate]$

The linux box is actually supposed to replace the BSD box, but I just
can't bring myself to do the final cutover. I built this box nearly 4
years ago, and it's only been rebooted 4 times since then. The last time
was to upgrade the OS to 4.5. It's actually probably due for another
upgrade one of these days... Is anyone tracking the 5.x series?

Nate