[wplug] OT: Laptop hard drive disaster recovery recommendations

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 29 10:10:55 EDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:08:25 -0700 (PDT)
Rick Harris <ftumph at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> My sister's dog jumped on her laptop while it was open
> and now the hard drive is not recognized by the
> system.  I've since replaced the hard drive and the
> laptop works, but we're left with the issue of all the
> data on the old drive.
>
> Any recommendations on services that could recover the
> contents of the drive?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Rick

Some places can recover data from dead drives, google.com.

If the drive 'sort of' works you could probably purchase an
interface to hook up to a normal PC.

--
Tom Rhodes