[wplug] howdy!

aroon pahwa aroon at pureimaginary.com
Sun Jun 27 15:49:26 EDT 2004

Hey everyone,

I'm new to wplug, just found the group yesterday.  I'm an undergrad CS
major at CMU and interested in learning all I can about linux since I'll
be using it for the rest of my life!  I got started with linux this summer
as I use fedora core 1 at work.

Recently I tried using Gentoo [stage 3] and fedora core 2 to run a server
at home but failed.  I'm still having truoble grasping how linux handles
system devices, especially harddrives.

I've been using a computer since as long as I can remember and I'm pretty
proficient with windows in both the workstation and server environment [my
server is back to running in win2k3 server for now].

I read about the install fest on july 10 and im hoping to get a machine
put together made of all these random old parts i have lying around so i
can join in on the fun and learn more about linux.

Are there any other CMU undergrad students on this list?  Any of you in
town this summer?

aroon pahwa
pureimaginary.com