[wplug] Mandrake 10.0, LILO, and booting to Windows

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Sun Jun 27 08:45:05 EDT 2004

I just installed Mandrake 10.0.  It's on hdb and my old Windows install is
on hda.

With each of my other Mandrake installs (8.2 and 9.1) LILO would have a
selection for Windows in the loader.  This is what was in /etc/lilo.conf
on my last install (9.1):

other=/dev/hda1
        label="windows"
        table=/dev/hda

However, this was not in lilo.conf in this install.  So I cut and pasted
it from my backup of my previous install and tried it.  When I selected
"windows" from the menu on boot, it gave me an "Invalid System Disk, Press
Any Key" error.

Any suggestions?

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]