[wplug] BIOS limit HD size???

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Jun 25 19:19:05 EDT 2004

I have an older box working as a file server in my house.  I use it for
backups and shared files between all my other boxes.  The box is a P100
era machine with two 3GB hard drives running Debian Woody.  I would LOVE
to buy an new HD to put in the machine, but I seem to remember something
about the Mobo or the BIOS limiting the size of the HD.
  1)  Is this true, or am I just loosing my mind??
  2)  If it is true is there any work arounds or fixes?
  3)  Would a BIOS flash fix the problem?  Would a BIOS flash mess up my
      box?  Would I even be able to find the BIOS flash for such an old
      box?

I'm sorry if that is too many questions at one time, just a little
brainstorming as I type --