[wplug] mozilla and thunderbird

Dileep Vangasseri dil5516 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 09:38:36 EDT 2004

Hello,

>"Robert E. Coutch" <robert.coutch at verizon.net> wrote:
You might want to look at captive NTFS for your NTFS
writing.http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/
It's supposedly the safest NTFS driver for writing.
It's in Knoppix 3.4 and I've used it there with good
results.

Thank you for your reply. I installed catpive. However
when I run it as per the instructions given, it gets
killed after scanning the files for sometime. Any idea
what must be going wrong?

> As for your PPP vs. ethernet.......
Since eth and ppp are not the same interface, you
should not have to reconfigure them on every use.
Leave your eth0 set for static and setup kppp to use
server assigned addresses on the ppp0 (or what ever
its named) interface.

When I put the etho set for static and setup kppp to
use it for dial up connection, I found that I could
connect to the dial up (I have a script based dial up
connection (University of Pittsburgh) ). But I can not
connect to any of the web sites. I get the error
message webpage not found. But if I then put the
netcard at dhcp (not static ip), I can get it connectd
well. I do not know if I am missing anything elsewhere
and I do not know where to look for to get a log
message so that I can post the exact problem.

I am thinkig of taking a cable connection (from
comcast) soon. Would there be any problem to set it up
with suse 9. When I asked their tech support, they
seem to have no idea about linux OS. :-(

Thanking you,

With best regards,

Dileep