[wplug] Radeon Multihead with 3d Acceleration

Michael E Uhl meu102 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 19:20:40 EDT 2004

I have an ATI radeon 7500 and I recently got a dvi to vga adapter so I
could use it with dual heads.  I'm running Debian's testing
distribution.  I got the card setup to work with two monitors using
xinerama, but the downside is that in this configuration I have no 3d
acceleration.  I've googled a bit and read some stuff about the dri
radeon driver's mergedfb option, which should allow for 3d acceleration,
but I can't seem to get it to work.  So, here's my question...  Does
anybody have a similar set up and has had success getting dual heads
working with 3d acceleration (I don't care if that's only on one head)?

thanks in advance,

-michael

P.S.  If it turns out that I need to run X from the unstable
distribution, that wouldn't be a problem.

--
Michael Edward Uhl
GPG (www.gnupg.org) Public Key