[wplug] writing on a ntfs partition

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Jun 23 13:33:21 EDT 2004

Dileep Vangasseri <dil5516 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have only one partition in windows XP (thanks to MS
> friendly attitude of Sony). It would be great if I can
> repartition windows so that I can have a C drive as
> well as a D drive. In that case, it should be possible
> for me to have D drive as fat32 filesystem and then I

You can use parted, or the graphical QTparted (should be included
with SuSE) to shrink an existing partition and then create a new
FAT32 partition in the empty space.  I don't know if parted can
handle resizing NTFS partitions, but it works beautifully with
ext2/ext3/etc. Linux partitions.

Make sure you back up first!  :)