[wplug] mozilla and thunderbird

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Wed Jun 23 00:34:44 EDT 2004

You might want to look at captive NTFS for your NTFS writing.

http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/

It's supposedly the safest NTFS driver for writing.

It's in Knoppix 3.4 and I've used it there with good results.

As for your PPP vs. ethernet.......

Since eth and ppp are not the same interface, you should not have to
reconfigure them on every use.

Leave your eth0 set for static and setup kppp to use server assigned addresses
on the ppp0 (or what ever its named) interface.

Maybe I missed something in your post.

Hope this helps,

Bob