[wplug] ot: machine won't power off (?)

Ryan W. Frenz rfrenz at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 17 10:33:07 EDT 2004

I came home last night and got some interesting activity from my main
machine.  It won't power off.  From both linux and windows, when I
shutdown, it seems normal. Then when it should power off, the fan keeps
running and the LED on the CDROM stays lit.  Pressing the power button
at this point starts the computer normally.  Short of pulling the PS
cord, I cannot get this thing to power off.  Has anyone ever seen
something like this?  Googling has turned up nothing so far.  This is
just strange, because I haven't even opened the case in like 2 years.
Specs:

Athlon XP 1700
512 MB Samsung PC2100
Asus A7V266