[wplug] Iomega products

Sean McCune sean at redhandsoftware.com
Fri Jun 11 14:37:25 EDT 2004

I'll have to go with the proofreading part and take what comes before it
as being tongue-in-cheek. I don't believe we have to (or should) even
strip our .sigs of any meaningful content in the quest for political
correctness and not offending anyone.  Sorry, but any forum of
discussion, be it in cyberspace or meatspace, where I  have to guard my
speech from any heartfelt comments out of fear that someone may not like
it would be a forum that no longer warrants participation.

I would agree that a post's main content should be on-topic.  We don't
want someone posting a message where the subject is about Kerry or Bush,
or about the price of beef in Kansas.  But a .sig is *supposed* to be a
personal statement about the sender.  It attaches to the person's name
and not the subject of their post.  And some persons won't agree with
some other persons.  That's life.  I tend to deal with someone saying
something I don't agree with by saying something myself... whether
anyone agrees with me or not.

McC
sean at sean-mccune.com

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and
Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes.
The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being
corrected."  -- G. K. Chesterton