[wplug] Samba 3.0 and WINXP

Shawn Henderson shawn at techcoms.net
Thu Jun 3 00:28:04 EDT 2004

That was it.. but now I have another issue.. one client is giving me
problems.. When logging as a normal domain user a little pop up comes up
ERROR ACCESS DENIED on the desktop. After clicking ok a few times it goes
away never to be seen until the next login. The administrator user never
gets this error on this workstation but every other domain user does. I have
tried deleting the Domain user accounts on the workstation and then log in
again to recreate them from the server with no joy. I noticed this in the
logs when a login occurs from this station.
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver smbd[12017]: [2004/06/01 12:03:56, 0]
rpc_server/srv_util.c:get_domain_user_groups(371)
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver smbd[12017]:   get_domain_user_groups: primary
gid of user [rtonks] is not a Domain group !
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver smbd[12017]:   get_domain_user_groups: You should
fix it, NT doesn't like that
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver nmbd[3426]: [2004/06/01 12:03:56, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_release_request(80)
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver nmbd[3426]:   process_name_release_request:
unicast name release request received for name RTONKS<03> from IP
192.168.2.7 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET. Error - should be sent to WINS server
It seems as if the server thinks this user has its on group. If that is the
case why is it only on one workstation. Oh ya the samba server is acting as
the WINS server also .. I guess that error would be another issue .. go
figure...
Thanks...