[wplug] Corporate Desktops

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Jun 2 08:22:49 EDT 2004

My best experience to date (particularly with non-computer literate end users) has been Lindows, the worst - Xandros (would not install on ANY of the 3 systems I attempted to install).  I would have to say that from a management / replication standpoint Red Hat is likely the leader by far.  Don't know if he'll shime in or not, but my co-worker Jeremey has been battling SuSE for weeks (on an arguably Windows-centric corporate network) and it has been quite the arduous task getting to stable functionality.

You might consider looking at the Red Hat K-12 stuff (as well as other K-12 sites) - it's not just for kids anymore.  I would also say that from a deployment standpoint IBMs xCAT is pretty usefull too...

Don