[wplug] IDE tape drive problem

Duncan Hutty duncanhutty at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 19:53:41 EDT 2004

That site doesn't appear to have any information for my tape drive that
is actually pertinent to Linux, but there were a few points for similar
models.
Specifically:

1. It needs the module sg (scsi generic) as well as ide-scsi of which I
was not aware.
2. That stock redhat kernels have problems with the SCSI subsystem such
that pseudo-spurious errors are always sent to the system console saying
that the operation codes are invalid but that everything works properly
anyway.

I'll try it out later, thanks for the tip!

Duncan Hutty