[wplug] Re: Windows - Is this happening to you too?

Chan, William William.Chan at pacourts.us
Tue Jun 1 09:59:16 EDT 2004

I have some success in using PestPatrol Corp to get rid of spyware, I
disconnect the network cable, boot to safe mode, disable restore
services, to give PestPatrol a hand, I go into Control Panel, add/remove
program and try to get rid of anything that looks like adware or
spyware, using msconfig to disable anything things that startup and
shouldn't be there, run PestPatrol and let it scan ALL files, select all
and delete the spyware.

Just to be safe, I boot the PC up with INSERT, mount the WIN file system
and use ClamAV to make sure all the trojan are gone, however, still
having problem trying to mount NTFS in rw mode using captive-ntfs.

I did find a Linux virus on a PC (Lunix.Lion.Worm) that way replacing
the pagefile.sys and none of the Windoze AV is able to find it and the
user keep getting "out of virtual memory" error

Good luck!

Bill