[wplug] Re: Fw: Re: Open Source Picnic on August 8th

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Wed Jul 28 15:01:45 EDT 2004

Hello,

Those who do not need wheelchair accessible transportation may want to
consider carpooling with others. Tom Rhoads has volunteered to ride
people, first come, first serve.
Please contact him trhodes AT FreeBSD.org

I considered the 35A but I ruled it out an option.
51C or the 46G remain your best bet.

Here's why...
1. The 35A does not go downtown. You'd have to catch the 51C or the 46G to
meet up with the 35A route.
2. Assuming there is a stop at Roberta and Streets Run, you would have to
walk 3 blocks while if you walk from Route 51 and Borough Park it will
only be two blocks.
3. The picnic is on a Sunday and the 35A only runs a few times that day
while the 51C and 46G are more frequent.
4. The slope of Roberta is less desirable than the slope of Borough Park
Drive. Approaching from Brownsville Road also results in a hill to climb.
Either way, one will have to go uphill to get to Snyder Park.

Please refer to...
http://www.wplug.org/picnic/parkarea.gif

The official picnic website, with details and directions is
http://www.wplug.org/picnic

(links for the 51C and 46G and GPS coordinates will be added tonight.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher