[wplug] Looking to meet some database enthusiasts

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Jul 27 13:12:15 EDT 2004

David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any DB pros in the area that are interested in participating
> in a meetup on August 11? Heck, are there any enthusiasts for
> open-source databases lurking about?
>
> As for my background, I'm starting to learn PostgreSQL, know a good
> bit about Informix, and use SS on a regular basis. Anyone out there a
> fan of mySQL?
>
> Right now, I am trying to keep coordinated with the picnic and my own
> work, but since will happen on the Wednesday after the picnic, I
> wanted to send some feelers out.

I'm a pretty big database geek ... heavily into PostgreSQL and heavily
out of MySQL ;) (no flame wars, please)

My biggest problem is that my schedule has become busier than I'm capable
of organizing it right now, as an unfortunately consequence, fun stuff like
this has been suffering in favor of "important" business stuff.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies