[wplug] setting the mode/ssid wlan0

aroon pahwa aroon at pureimaginary.com
Sat Jul 24 11:10:31 EDT 2004

On Sat, July 24, 2004 10:52 am, Alexandros Papadopoulos said:
> There's something fishy going on here... it doesn't even accept the
> ESSID? Perhaps the interface wlan0 somehow maps to the wrong physical
> device?
>
> -A

rgr on fish.

im not sure how to check if its mapping to the wrong device.  everything
ive seen shows that its pointing to prism2_pci [lsmod, all device
settings, etc] and [oh yeah..] the wireless card works.  i can use the
tmobile hotspot here and the local universities wireless internet, i just
cant manually change my ssid or mode [LAME!].

so as you might have inferred, my ssid has changed before [between CMU and
tmobile] so if the system can change my ssid then i *should* be able
to...right?

aroon