[wplug] X respawning too fast?

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Jul 22 09:18:41 EDT 2004

Have you tried running "redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig"??

I dunno if this will fix things with the login daemon or not.

>and with just kdm I was able to logon using KDE..  Not the
>usual graphical logon screen though..
	This is confusing the crap out of me - kdm _is_ the graphical
login screen.  What happens when you type "kdm"?  What happens when you
run "xdm" or "gdm"?  Red hat does not have a "usual login screen" -
there is a script in /etc/X11 called "prefdm" (or something like that)
that looks at what your default desktop is and launches one of the 3
daemons based on that preference......

>-bash: /usr/bin/which: Input/output error
	...well, that's pretty bad....  Has this machine been "seriously
f-ed with" by anyone?

	...sorry, perhaps I am missing part of this thread....

Don