[wplug] X respawning too fast?

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Wed Jul 21 14:51:12 EDT 2004

What distribution are you using?  If it's Redhat/Fedora you should have
a file /etc/sysconfig/desktop that defines your preferred display
manager (gnome, kde, or xdm).  If that file is missing or doesn't have a
correct DISPLAYMANAGER defined then /etc/X11/prefdm will exit without
doing anything.  You could also try running gdm, kde, or xdm direct from
the command line.  That's all that prefdm really does anyway, find your
preferred manager and start it.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer II
CCAC - College Office