[wplug] X respawning too fast?

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Wed Jul 21 14:17:02 EDT 2004

What happens if you run the command that init is trying?  For example in
Fedora Core 2 run level 5 will   launch "/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon".
Any time that program exits init will try to run it again.  If init
detects that it's running a command repeatedly it will back off, as
happened in your case.

# grep ^x: /etc/inittab
x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon

Brandon Poyner