[wplug] (no subject)

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Jul 21 10:21:37 EDT 2004

then as stated:
rpm -ivh "filename" (as root)
service vncserver start (will make change in current runlevel)
chkconfig vncserver on (will make "on" state permanent over run level
change / reboot)
vncserver :1 (or whatever)

...point viewer to machines ip:session

PS - VNC is a part of RH9 - all you needed to do was run
"redhat-config-packages" and search on VNC - it would have prompted you
for the appropriate disk.  Or even use "up2date vncserver" for a machine
on RHN.  As a new user I would strongly encourage you to look at the
available "redhat-con*" packages, and the RH docs (which are, in my
arguably heavily biased opinion (but you know I'm right) the best
available).

Don