[wplug] (no subject)

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Jul 21 10:09:26 EDT 2004

What distro?  If it's Red Hat or RPM based, did you load an RPM or
install from source?

Generally:
# /etc/init.d/vncserver start
(on RH boxen: "service vncserver start")

# vncserver :1
(or :whatever screen you want) - first run will prompt for password
(will create a .vnc directory in users home with password file - nuke
it to reset password)

point VNCViewer to "IP.ADD.RESS:WHATEVER" and enjoy.

Defaults to TWM for desktop/window management.  I highly recommend
blackbox for anything over a WAN / BW constrained; can run GNOME/KDE on
LAN (another edit in the users .vnc directory)

HTH
Don

Ritchie, Lauren <> scribbled on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 9:55 AM: