[wplug] procmail question

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Tue Jul 20 22:22:39 EDT 2004

I've been using procmail here on my redhat 9 system.  The thing is, I
can't understand *why* it works.  I created a .procmailrc file and it just
-- worked.  AFAIK there is nothing in my MTA's config file (sendmail
8.12.10) which tells it to use procmail.  Does it just do it by default?
What should I look for that would tell me that sendmail is DEFINITELY
piping mail into procmail?

I was content to let it lie, except now I'm setting up a new system and I
think procmail isn't behaving properly, so I wanted to compare their
commandline options. (DOes procmail have to run with -p in order to
preserve environment variables like LOGNAME, HOME, etc?  Because for some
reason, all of root's mail is being delivered to nobody's mailbox)

-Brandon